Tax Preparation, Talking with IRS
Company & Position Overview:
We are searching for an Enrolled Agent to provide tax preparation, tax representation, and administrative support for our clients. We are looking for someone to join our team that works well both as a part of a team and individually. This position is ideal for someone with an IRS representation or tax preparation background that wants to assist individuals and small businesses with getting on track and staying on track with their tax responsibilities.
- Work with various IRS departments (Collections, Audits, & Appeals) to address & resolve client problems with the IRS.
- Negotiate with IRS Officers in all aspects of Collections.
- Work in a team environment to manage a caseload of clients and attempt to reach the most beneficial resolution for your clients with the IRS.
- Prepare client financial information (Forms 433-A & B), Offers in Compromise, and audit materials to be submitted to the IRS.
- Prepare individual and corporate tax returns. Review and sign completed tax returns.
- Insure IRS deadlines are met and retainers are monitored.
- Work with CPAs and other Enrolled Agents to make sure the firm is on track with the company goals and budget.
- Required: EA certification or candidates must be in the process of getting EA certification. EA certification required within six months of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- NTPI Fellow preferred.
- Certified Tax Resolution Specialist (CTRS) certification preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks required.
- Knowledge of a client management database, tax preparation software, and QuickBooks preferred.
Starting Salary: $45,000-$65,000 - depending on qualifications and experience.