Admin Duties, Assisting Professionals
Company & Position Overview
We are searching for an administrative assistant to provide administrative support for our firm. Our firm specializes in IRS resolution and tax preparation services. We currently have four CPAs and four administrative professionals. We are looking for someone to join our team that works well both as a part of a team and individually. This position is ideal for someone with an accounting or administrative background that wants to learn and gain experience in the tax profession, and there is opportunity for advancement within the firm.
Located a couple of miles east of downtown Denver, the hours will initially be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. As a tax firm, some light overtime is required during tax season.
- Answering phones and assisting clients with booking appointments and resolving client inquiries. Often will be the first point of contact in the office for new clients so excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Covering the front desk for the office manager during lunch breaks, vacations and time off.
- Administrative duties, such as making copies, filing, scanning documents, preparing certified mailings, filling copiers, maintaining adequate amount of office supplies, transcribing phone messages, running software updates, preparing folders and envelopes, archiving files, preparing mailings to assist with business retention efforts, and taking certified mail to the post office and deposits to bank if needed.
- Assisting accountants and supervisors with initial organization of tax materials and client information and processing completed tax returns and materials for clients.
- Assisting with tax preparation and e-filing of tax returns and related monitoring and record-keeping requirements through our tax software program.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency in typing
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of a client management database and QuickBooks experience preferred
Starting Salary: $35,000 - depending on qualifications and experience.