Tax Preparation - talking with the IRS
Company & Position Overview:
Our company is seeking a CPA to provide IRS representation and resolution for our clients. This will include representing clients with the IRS and overseeing the preparation of tax returns, financial information (Forms 433-A & 433-B), Offers in Compromise, and audit responses. We are looking for someone to join our firm that works well both as a part of a team and individually. This position is ideal for someone with an IRS representation or tax preparation background that wants to assist individuals and small businesses with getting on track and staying on track with their tax responsibilities.
- Meet with prospective clients to match their needs with our services. Prepare price quotes and engage clients for our services.
- Work with various IRS departments (Collections, Audits, & Appeals) to address & resolve clients problems with the IRS.
- Negotiate with IRS Officers in all aspects of Collections.
- Work in a team environment to manage a caseload of clients and attempt to reach the most beneficial resolution for your clients with the IRS.
- Oversee the work of EAs and Tax Resolution Associates in the preparation of tax returns. Review and sign completed tax returns.
- Oversee EAs and Tax Resolution Associates in the preparation of client financial information (Forms 433-A & B), Offers in Compromise, and audit materials to be submitted to the IRS.
- Manage caseload to insure IRS deadlines are met and retainers are monitored.
- Work with other CPAs to make sure the firm is on track with the company goals and budget.
- Active CPA license required.
- Master's Degree in Tax preferred.
- One to two years of experience with tax preparation required.
- Experience with IRS Resolution preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks required.
- Knowledge of a client management database, tax preparation software, and QuickBooks preferred.
Starting Salary: $60,000 - $90,000. depending on qualifications and experience.